Mondays… Love them or hate them, they can be tough! You wake up, fluffy haired, delirious and hungry and then the Monday blues dawn on you. We’ve all been there, we feel you, but I’m here to rescue you!
Here are a few ways that I combat those dreaded Monday feels!
- Lots of sleep and an early start – Im an early bird and I absolutely love starting my day around 7am normally! I make sure I’m in bed at a good time so I can get at least 8 hours sleep every night. Sleep is so important to your health and wellbeing and as a student, I need to feel awake every day so I can get all my work done. Try getting up earlier than normal, having a refreshing shower and getting yourself dressed and ready for your day before you usually do. You’ll feel so much better for it I can assure you!
- My favourite thing: Caffeine – Without fail, I always start my morning with a coffee or tea. Alongside this, I will usually have a big glass of lemon or strawberry water to keep me hydrated and wake me up. I know coffee isn’t for everyone but there are loads of foods and drinks with natural energy boosting properties in that are perfect for starting your morning with.
- Healthy meals & Snacks – Further on from my last point, eating healthier foods has honestly changed the way I live my everyday life. I never really watched what I ate because I didn’t feel like I needed to but I recently made the effort to fill my body with good, natural foods and I feel a millions times better for it. It used to take me ages to get going in the morning, but now Im up and ready for whatever the day throws at me by 8am! I tend to start my day with avocado on toast with a homemade smoothie which keeps me full until lunch and is full of goodness that keeps me feeling healthy and energised too. Changing my diet has also helped my skin too, which makes Monday morning’s make up less daunting! Having a good breakfast will fill you with energy for the day, and can also be really fun to get creative with and this can be incentive to get out of bed in the mornings.
- Exercising – I try to work out 2/3 times a week if my busy schedule allows me to! I find working out in the morning helps me clear my head and feel fresh for the week ahead. I prefer to wake up early, have a small breakfast and then go and work out so I can be home by 9am ready to start my day. Try heading to the gym for a quick work out, or going for an early morning run to start your day. If you don’t live close enough to a gym, why not try working out at home?! Not only will it wake you up but exercise is so good for you! Hand in hand with eating well, you’ll feel on top of your game and ready to tackle Monday.
- Stay Organised & Plan your day – I have so many notebooks full of to do lists and weekly plans and becoming a forward planner has probably been the best thing I’ve ever done to help me stay on top of life. On a Sunday night, I’ll sit with a hot drink and a notebook to plan the week ahead. I usually plan each day individually with main priorities and any appointments/meetings throughout the day that I need to work around. Before you know it, you’ll have your whole week planned from start to finish and if you spread out your tasks for the week well, you’ll reduce the amount of stress you have and you’ll get everything done easily. Planning your week is a good way to focus on small goals that you may have set yourself and also works towards bigger ones. For instance, This week I have set myself the small goal of making new 1 new video, 2 new blog posts and going to the gym 3 times. This will help towards two long term goals which are to build my blog/YouTube content and to get my beach body ready for July!
- Meditation/Creating positive vibes – Now, I know this isn’t everybody’s cup of tea but creative positive energy is one of the most simple yet effective ways to have a good Monday. I try to meditate whenever I can, usually at night before I go to bed. Its nice to just reflect on your day or week, let go of certain things and reset your energy field for the next week. If I don’t have time to meditate then I’ll put on some good music that lifts my spirits and helps me feel happy and motivated. Surrounding yourself with positivity is a vital ingredient to having a good Monday and starting your day on the right foot. Try and take a few minutes each morning to sit and listen to music you like, and think about something that inspires you or motivates you. I promise it helps!
I really hope that this post will help some of you learn to love Monday! I never used to be a morning person OR a Monday person but making a few lifestyle changes has completely turned that around for me and it was easier than I thought it would be. If you’re desperately wanting to become a Monday morning lover than try a few or all of these things and let me know how you get on! If anybody has any questions or anything that you do to combat Monday then find me on my social media and let me know! come and say hey! There will be a lot more posts coming soon so stay tuned!